Sunday, October 12, 2014

Book review: The Natural Pregnancy Book

Hey everyone! So today I have a book review to share with you guys! When  I get older, I would like to be a doula, so the book today is called The Natural Pregnancy Book. It was perfect because it gave me a lot of information on natural ways to ease pain and discomfort using herbs and massages, instead of medicines.
This book covers topics like herbal preparation, safe herbs to use during pregnancy, and prenatal care. It focus more on midwifery and birthing at home, rather than in a hospital with a doctor. I would recommend this book for anyone interested in midwifery and becoming a doula. It's also really good for expecting mothers who would like to have a natural pregnancy. One thing I really enjoyed about The Natural Pregnancy Book is that it gives herbal uses and exercises for some common concerns in pregnancy. For example, for iron deficiency anemia they recommend you eat foods like seaweeds (kelp and dulse specifically) because they are a good source of iron.

 

 
 
Have a great day!
~Katie
   I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I'm interesting in natural stuff too =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I love natural stuff rather than medicines. :-) I love learning about that stuff too.
      ~Katie

      Delete